I had the blessed to create a dessert station for Kandi's housewarming party... True to her name I decided to create a Kandi Land Themed experience. It was a hit!
Kandi Koated Kupcake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down bowl, and beat in vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each. Bake until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer pans to wire rack; cool completely.
Kandi Koated Icing Ingredients
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound (3 2/3 cups) confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons edible glitter flakes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.
2. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. If too thick to spread, beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
3. Add frosting to cooled cupcakes, sprinkle with glitter flakes.